How to Import Your Adorers into We Adore Him
Getting started is easy with our adorer import feature:
- Make sure that your "welcome email" at Admin » Settings » Onboarding looks good to you. When you add a new adorer manually or through the import, the onboarding email will be automatically sent to all of the new adorers in the system.
Don't want for adorers to receive this email quite yet? You can easily disable the sending of the "welcome email" by unchecking the checkbox next to "Send welcome email" when running the import as described below. Here's what it looks like:
- Download this comma-separated value (CSV) file: We Adore Him Template.csv and open it with your favorite spreadsheet-editing software program such as Microsoft Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets.
- Copy and paste (or type) your adorer information into the template, following its format, like this:
Be sure to leave the headers in the first row, starting with your first adorer in the second row, just like the screenshot above.
- The Name and Gender fields are required.
- The Password field is optional. If no password is given, the adorer will be emailed a link to set their password themselves. If you don't have the adorer's email address, you should create a simple password here such as shoes or carpet. That way, you can communicate the password personally, such as over the phone. Passwords are case sensitive.
- The Name, Email Address, and Phone Number fields are unique and cannot be shared among multiple users.
- If you have two adorers who share an email address or phone number, you can (1) create one adorer such as "Jane and John Doe" and assign that one adorer to multiple time slots, or (2) create two separate adorers giving one of them the email address and the other one the phone number.
- In the Gender field, enter male or female.
- In the Notification Preference field, enter email, text, or call.
- In the Substitute field, enter Y for users who want to be notified of substitute requests, or leave it empty.
- In the Administrator field, enter Y for users with administrative privileges (e.g., Adoration Coordinators), or leave it empty.
- To optionally include postal addresses, populate the Country field with the two-character country code (e.g., US).
- If you include the country code for an adorer, the system will require all other address fields, so be sure to leave the country code blank if you don't have their mailing address.
- When you're finished, be sure to save the file as a "comma-separated value" file with the .csv file extension.
- Navigate to Settings » Adorers and click the "Import Adorers" button. You'll see a place to upload your template file. Choose the file from your computer. You'll see a checkbox next to "Send welcome email." We recommend leaving this unchecked. This will add all of your adorers without notifying them (more on this below). Then, click the green import button to complete the import process.
If there are any problems with your import file, you'll see some very helpful error information and no adorers will have been imported. Simply correct the errors and re-run the import. If it's successful, you'll see a confirmation saying so, and every adorer will now appear in the system!
- Add all of your adorers to the schedule on the Schedule page according to their current hourly commitments.
- Finally, you can send every adorer the "welcome email" by using our "Bulk Message" feature at Admin » Adorers. On that page, click the "Send Bulk Message" button. Next to "Email - Body," click the words: "use welcome email." When you send this bulk message, every adorer with an email address will receive your welcome email. That welcome email will contain a one-time login link that the adorer can click on to be logged in and to set their password. It also contains a link to a helpful tutorial video.
If you ever want to add a new adorer apart from the import process, it's easy:
Click the "+ New Adorer" button at Admin » Adorers.