How to Import Your Adorers into We Adore Him
Getting started is easy with our adorer import feature:
- Make sure that your onboarding email at Admin » Settings » Onboarding looks good to you. When you add a new adorer manually or through the import, the onboarding email will be automatically sent to all of the new adorers in the system.
- Download this comma-separated value (CSV) file: We Adore Him Template.csv and open it with your favorite spreadsheet-editing software program such as Microsoft Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets.
- Copy and paste (or type) your adorer information into the template, following its format, like this:
Be sure to leave the headers in the first row, starting with your first adorer in the second row, just like the screenshot above.
- The Name and Gender fields are required.
- The Password field is optional. If no password is given, a random password will be generated, and the adorer will be emailed a link to set their password themselves. If you don't have the adorer's email address, you should create a simple password here such as kitten87 or football5. That way, you can communicate the password personally, such as over the phone.
- The Name, Email Address, and Phone Number fields are unique and cannot be shared among multiple users.
- In the Gender field, enter male or female.
- In the Notification Preference field, enter email, text, or call.
- In the Substitute field, enter Y for users who want to be notified of substitute requests, or leave it empty.
- In the Administrator field, enter Y for users with administrative privileges (e.g., Adoration Coordinators), or leave it empty.
- To optionally include postal addresses, populate the Country field with the two-character country code (e.g., US).
- When you're finished, be sure to save the file as a "comma-separated value" file with the .csv file extension.
- Within We Adore Him, navigate to Settings » Adorers and click the "Import Adorers" button. You'll see a place to upload your template file. Choose the file from your computer, and click the green import button to complete the import process.
If there are any problems with your import file, you'll see some very helpful error information and no adorers will have been imported. Simply correct the errors and re-run the import. If it's successful, you'll see a confirmation saying so, and every adorer will now appear in the system.
If you ever want to add a new adorer apart from the import process, it's so easy.
Just click "+ New Adorer" at Admin » Adorers.