What can Captains do?
Many chapels find it useful to share administrative responsibilities with other adorers, without sharing all of the administrative privileges. For example, you might want to have "team captains" that are responsible for coordinating the hours on a given day, or a particular range of hours throughout the week.
For these scenarios, use the Captain role!
Captains have elevated privileges above normal adorers, but less than Administrators.
- Create, edit, and delete adorer accounts
- Create, edit, and delete adoration commitments
- Create, start, assign, and cancel substitute requests
- View, confirm, and delete adoration visits
- Receive admin email notifications
- View a roster of adoration commitments and substitutes - Learn more
- View insights, analytics and statistics
- Change the schedule
- Edit or delete Administrator accounts
- Assign Captain or Administrator roles
- Import multiple adorers
- Send bulk messages
- Export adorers, adorer commitments, and adoration visits
- Bulk delete commitments
- Change site settings
- See billing information
- See donations
To assign the Captain role to any adorer, simply edit their account and choose "Captain" in the Role field.
To view a list of your captains, visit Admin » Adorers and enable the "Role" filter. Captains have an empty shield icon and Administrators have a shield icon with a cross.
To view a table of weekly hour assignments, visit Admin » Captains. Here you can add a new captain from your existing list of adorers, and make sure that every hour on your schedule is covered by at least one captain or administrator.
Pro tip: As an administrator, create a test captain account and sign in as them to see what they can see!