How do I import my list of adorers?
One of the most difficult tasks you'll need to convert an existing chapel to We Adore Him is to gather all of your adorer information into a single spreadsheet and make sure that the data is accurate. After that, the rest is easy!
We made this process as painless as possible. Here are the steps to import your list of adorers:
Step 1: Prepare your adorer data
Please download the We Adore Him CSV template and open it with your favorite spreadsheet-editing software program such as Microsoft Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets. (CSV stands for "comma-separated values" and is one of several file formats that spreadsheet programs use.)
Then, copy and paste (or type) your adorer information into the template, following its format, like this:
Be sure to leave the headers in the first row, starting with your first adorer in the second row, just like the screenshot above.
- The Name and Gender fields are required.
- The Password field is optional. If no password is given, the adorer will be emailed a link to set their password themselves. If you don't have the adorer's email address, you should create a simple password here such as "shoes" or "carpet". That way, you can communicate the password personally, such as over the phone. Passwords are case sensitive.
- The Name, Email Address, and Phone Number fields are unique and cannot be shared among multiple adorers.
- If you have two adorers who share an email address or phone number, you can either (1) create one adorer such as "Jane and John Doe" and assign that one adorer to multiple time slots, or (2) create two separate adorers giving one of them the email address and the other one the phone number.
- In the Gender field, enter "male" or "female" (all lowercase).
- In the Language field, enter "English" or "Spanish".
- In the Notification Preference field, enter "email", "text" or "call" (all lowercase).
- In the Substitute field, enter "Y" for adorers who want to be notified of substitute requests, or leave it empty.
- In the Administrator field, enter "Y" for adorers with administrative privileges (e.g., Adoration Coordinators), or leave it empty.
- In the Captain field, enter "Y" for adorers with elevated privileges (e.g., Team Captains), or leave it empty. If adorer is also an administrator, leave this field empty.
- To optionally include postal addresses, populate the Country field with the two-character country code (e.g., "US").
- If you include the country code for an adorer, the system will require all other address fields, so be sure to leave the country code blank if you don't have their mailing address.
When finished, be sure to save the file as a CSV (comma-separated value) file with the .csv file extension.
Step 2: Review your Welcome Email
The welcome email is the email introduction which is sent to an adorer after their account is created on We Adore Him. It includes a helpful one-time login link which adorers can use to set their passwords, a link to the tutorial video found on your Help page, and any other important information you think they need to know.
Please review and edit the welcome email at Admin » Settings » Onboarding.
Don't want for adorers to receive this email quite yet? If you would rather first populate the schedule with their existing commitments (which is a good idea), then we recommend to not send the welcome email to your adorers until after you've populated your schedule (see Steps 4 and 5 below).
Step 3: Import your adorers
Whew! You just finished most of the hard work.
Now, please visit Admin » Adorers and click little down arrow next to the "+ New Adorer" button, and then click "Import multiple adorers".
You'll see a place to upload your template file. Choose the file from your computer.
Next, you'll see a checkbox next to "Send welcome email." We recommend leaving this unchecked so that they are not notified until after Step 4 (more on this below).
Finally, click the "Import" button to complete the import process.
Please note: If there are any problems with your import file, you'll see some very helpful error information and no adorers will have been imported. Simply correct the errors and re-run the import. If it's successful, you'll see a confirmation saying so, and every adorer will now appear in the system!
Step 4: Populate the schedule (optional)
Please now add all of your adorers to the schedule on the Schedule page according to their current adoration commitments.
Step 5: Send the Welcome Email (optional)
If you didn't already send the welcome email in Step 3, it's time to do it now.
Please visit Admin » Adorers and click the "Send Bulk Message" button.
Uncheck the "Send via adorer's notification preference" field. (At this time, it's only possible to send the welcome email to adorers with email addresses.)
Next to the "Email - Body" field, click the words, "use welcome email", which will populate the bulk message form with the welcome email you customized in Step 2.
Click "Send test email" to receive a copy in your inbox that you can proofread.
When you're finally ready to send the bulk message, click the "Send Bulk Message" button!
We are so proud of you. You just muscled through the most difficult part of managing your adoration chapel. Now it's time for smooth sailing with the help of We Adore Him!
Also, if you ever want to add a new adorer apart from the import process, it's easy. Visit Admin » Adorers and click on the "+ New Adorer" button.