Say "Goodbye!" to the hassle of paper and pen... and the countless hours of you having to keep track of everything and everyone manually...
A great benefit of We Adore Him is the ability to track adorer attendance instantly and automatically. On this webpage, we show you how to set up your Chapel Check-in Kiosk in the back of your chapel.
What You'll Need
- Tablet device connected to the Internet - We recommend an iPad. You can use a different device, but it may not have "Guided Access," which is a special feature that disallows folks from exiting the app on your tablet and using other apps.
- Charging cord - plugged into the tablet at all times.
- Tablet stand - We recommend the one at this link.
- Tethering device - We recommend the one at this link.
- The chapel check-in app password - You can find this under Admin » Settings » Chapel
Please note that the password is case sensitive. You can easily change it by clicking "change password."
Once you have all 5 requirements outlined above, you're ready to set it up in the back of your chapel!
Steps to Setting Up Your Chapel Check-in App:
- Disable auto-lock. On an iPad, go to Settings » Display & Brightness » Auto-Lock and choose "Never."
- Enable guided access. On an iPad, go to Settings » General » Accessibility » Guided Access. Toggle it on, set a password, and toggle on "Accessibility Shortcut." Turn on "Mirror Display Auto-Lock."
- Open Safari, visit the special Chapel URL: https://chapel.weadorehim.com and log in.
- If you're on an iPad and are using Safari, we've baked in an awesome feature. This chapel check-in acts just like a standalone app (as if you had installed it from the app store). To get it to work as an app, do the following:
Add this page to your home screen by clicking the icon with a box and an arrow. You'll be presented with options such as "Add Bookmark" and "Add to Favorites." Look for and choose "Add to Home Screen."
If you don't see the "Add to Home Screen" option, swipe the buttons you do see to the left.
The option: "Add to Home Screen" should then appear.
- Visit your home screen and tap the new "Adoration Chapel" icon to load your Chapel Check-in App. It will load just like an "App" you would have downloaded from the App Store.
- Triple-click the Home button to enable Guided Access mode.
Now, your tablet is all set up and ready to be placed on the stand and used as your Chapel Check-in Kiosk!
All that is left to do is to plug the tablet into an electric source using the charging cord, set it on a stand, and tether it so folks don't walk out of the chapel with it. 😊
From here on out, all adorers have to do is tap their name or "Guest" to check-in. All check-ins are recorded in the database, and you'll now have a running, complete history of chapel activity right from within We Adore Him.